Send As SMS

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Dem Bones

"Your head bone connected from your neck bone,
Your neck bone connected from your shoulder bone,
Your
shoulder bone connected from your back bone,
Your back bone connected from your hip bone,

Your hip bone connected from your thigh bone,

Your
thigh bone connected from your knee bone,
Your knee bone connected from your
leg bone,
Your leg bone connected from your
ankle bone,
Your ankle bone connected from your foot bone,

Your foot bone connected from your toe bone,

I hear the word of the Lord!
I hear the word of the Lord!"
===============================================
Dem Bones, Johnson & Johnson


Leica M3, Summicron 50/2, Museum of Science, San Francisco

Leica M3, Summicron 50/2, Museum of Science, San Francisco

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you're active on your blog. I miss your pictures and comments on RFF, but I guess your blog demands all your effort. Very nice and interesting blog. Keep up the job!
Best,

March 01, 2007 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was wondering why you've been MIA at RFF. I'm also glad that you are actively blogging.

March 09, 2007 10:03 PM  
Blogger Den said...

I just found your blog via a google of Creature from the Black Lagoon... I doubt many folks imagine the odd combinations of leads and misleads that the search engine and information on the web creates... kinda like real life, to a photograher, I guess.
I have been a pro, and now know pro "shooters" and so the stumble into your fine blog was fortituous.
I am at work now, but plan to enjoy coming back and seeing what you have documented. I see this kind of blog as a larger "photographic display" or active "exhibition" if you will. I think you and many fine photographers like you are creating the next leap, that is, not only shooting pictures that display a sensibility to the world, but using the larger media at hand (photography/words/html/web) as a enhanced photographic medium. Metaphotography?
What do you think?
Dennis Hermanson
Graphic Designer – Catalogs
Sports Endeavors, Inc.
Hillsborough, NC USA
soccer.com
lacrosse.com


Best

May 11, 2007 6:52 AM  
Blogger Den said...

Allow me to illustrate the point.
Bones.
Poetry, which you are moved by.
Meaning and image.
Web.
Studio 360
http://www.studio360.org/episodes/2007/04/27

(Hatin' Poets)

which had a segment that moved me to link to the following:

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/archive/feature.html?id=179565

Now how does that link back to the Creature from the Black Lagoon?
I was there, 1954, as a young boy, at the filming in
http://www.abfla.com/parks/Wakulla/wakulla.html
and I got to sit on the lap of the Creature. And meet Julie Adams. Both made big impressions.
Sadly, and here is where photography doesn't come in,
nobody took a picture of it.

Best wishes,

Dennis again

May 11, 2007 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home